How to give your 10 year old a good night's sleep?
Sleep is essential for the health and development of children. It allows them to rest, grow, consolidate their learning and strengthen their immune system. To promote quality sleep, it is important to choose a mattress that is adapted to the morphology and needs of children.
Here's why it's best to choose a mattress made of natural materials that are firm enough for children aged 10.
What is a natural mattress and what are its advantages?
A mattress made of natural materials is a mattress made of materials of vegetable origin, without chemical treatment or addition of harmful substances.
Among the natural materials most used for mattresses, we find organic cotton, natural latex, coconut fiber or wool.
The advantages of a mattress made of natural materials are numerous
- It offers optimal comfort by adapting to the shape of the body and distributing pressure evenly.
- It regulates temperature and humidity by evacuating perspiration and avoiding sensations of heat or cold.
- It preserves health by avoiding chemical emanations from treatments and synthetic materials.
- It respects the environment by being biodegradable and recyclable. Without using petroleum derivatives, it contributes to reducing the ecological footprint.
Several scientific studies have confirmed the benefits of natural materials for children's sleep. For example, a study conducted by the University of Leeds showed that children who sleep on organic cotton have a better quality of sleep than those who sleep on polyester.
Another study conducted by the Textile Institute of Technology showed that natural latex improves the comfort and durability of mattresses.
Why choose a mattress firm enough for 10 year olds?
The firmness level of a mattress is determined by its density, which is the weight of the material per unit volume. The higher the density, the firmer the mattress.
The choice of the firmness level of a mattress depends mainly on the weight and size of the child. The mattress must support the spine properly and maintain a good posture during sleep.
For children aged 10 years, who weigh on average between 25 and 40 kg and are between 130 and 150 cm tall, it is advisable to choose a fairly firm mattress. A mattress that is too soft could lead to back or neck pain, or cause problems such as insomnia or sleep apnea.
To choose the right level of firmness of a mattress for your child, you can refer to the indications given by the manufacturers.
On the market, you can find several models of natural mattresses proposed for children of 10 years.
The Cocolatex child mattress by Kadolis, the perfect choice!
The COCOLATEX® children's mattress combines the breathable properties of coir and wool with the unique comfort of latex for softer nights.
Two sleeping surfaces: 3-8 years and 8+
At Kadolis, the Cocolatex mattress offers an excellent compromise:
This mattress offers a toned welcome and firm support thanks to its core composed of two layers: a layer of coconut fiber (density 48 kg/m3) and a layer of natural latex (density 65 kg/m3).
Coconut fiber is a vegetable material derived from the shell of the coconut tree. It is resistant, airy and anti-fungal. It brings flexibility and dynamism to the mattress.
The natural latex reinforces the support and the comfort of the mattress.
This mattress is covered with a cover in Tencel from Eucalyptus certified Oeko-Tex.
The Cocolatex mattress has several advantages:
- It combines the advantages of natural latex and coconut fiber to provide a healthy and comfortable sleep.
- It is suitable for all types of sleepers thanks to its firmness adapted to children of 10 years.
- It has excellent breathability and a high level of quality compared to other models on the market.